Killeshandra Camino Committee and the community are looking forward to welcoming visitors to join them on a Camino walk which will take place annually on the 3rd Saturday of June.
The route will take walkers on a journey around the picturesque town and its environs and will cover 35.5km.
Killeshandra is a rural village, set in the middle of unspoilt countryside. It is uniquely located in Ireland’s Hidden Heartlands and within the Marble Arch Caves UNESCO Global Geopark. Nestled between rolling drumlins, stunning woodlands and countless lakes and rivers, Killeshandra is a convenient base for tourists as it is within 90 minutes of Dublin Airport in the east and The Wild Atlantic Way to the west. It is also next to Ireland’s Ancient East Region. A perfect base for exploring any part of Ireland!
Killeshandra is famous for all kinds of outdoor activities such as water sports, boating and fishing as well as traditional Irish music and its cultural heritage. It’s now time to reveal Killeshandra’s spectacular scenery to those who haven’t visited before.
Killeshandra Camino is run entirely by volunteers. In a spirit of consideration and respect for environmental sustainability we encourage practising a Leave No Trace ethic.
• To showcase Killeshandra as a premier walking destination
• To show the hidden power of nature surrounding us here in Killeshandra. Our community are happy to share this gem with our visitors. We welcome everyone to enjoy this very special tranquil place in the heart of County Cavan
• To provide walkers with a challenging, well organised and enticing walking experience which can be enjoyed all year round
• To run an annual walking event which highlights the remarkable scenery of the area as well as our distinctive local amenities and attractions
• To support and enhance the local economy by putting all funds raised back into local projects
• To encourage participation in an activity which is supportive of both mental and physical wellness